From:
Paul Gentile <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Paul Gentile <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 27 Jan 1997 17:21:18 -0500
I went to the B.U. game and was absolutley thrilled at the result. No time to
right a recap though. I had a strong feeling about the Saturday game. Its hard to
maintain the level of play at which Lowell played on Friday. Much like UNH last
weekend (you should have seen them in Billerica on Friday) they were incredible
one night and then they played significantly lower on Saturday.

Merrimack is not a bad team. Lowell has to play well to beat them also. I finally
let go of my "long-shot-tourney-bid-hopes" with the Merrimack loss. There's
always the HockeyEast tourney I suppose, but who wants a bid taht way when there
was an outside shot of a legitimate invite?

I'm resigned to the notion that Lowell has made the best of this transition year
and may very well prove a real contender next year ... although they lose some
great talent again next year. Donovan, Salsman and Sandholm have really proven
themselves as high-caliber players. Hopefully, Basaraba, Libett and Nicholishen
shall do the same next year.

>>> David W Hatfield <[log in to unmask]> 01/27/97 01:09pm >>>
I was away skiing this past weekend, & I just read all of the
weekend posts.  Other than the scores (3-1 win over BU @
home; 4-2 loss @ Merrimack), I have not seen any game
recaps or commentary.  Would anyone who went to these
games care to share some of the highlights?  Steve W?
Paul G?  It appears that Lowell continues to struggle putting
any type of winning streak together.  A clear indication of a
.500 team, I guess.  They did continue a somewhat common
trend this season of winning on Friday, but then losing on
Saturday (regardless of the venue).  They beat a better team
& lose to a worse team (at least on paper).

Dave Hatfield
UML'86