From:
"Klein, Steve" <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Klein, Steve
Date:
Mon, 20 Jan 1997 16:49:00 PST
When you have implications and inferences like this from some of the best
and most intelligent people on the list, it's no wonder traffic from some of
our best participants is down or missing this year.
There's no reason to SHOUT, there's no reason to impugn anyone's intentions
and there should be no reason to infer negative intent.
However, most of the above happens all too often in most intelligent
discussions on this list, even when our good administrators try to conduct a
constructive sampling of opinion.
C'mon, people.

As to the lists, I'd like to see them combined.
All my mail comes into the same place, and my delete key works just fine.
If a poster uses the subject line well, decision making isn't a problem.
One reason traffic is down, I believe, is the diffusion of useful and timely
content on a variety of lists and Web sites.

Now, to post a question:
Michigan is beatable in any given game.
With that as a given (even if it is proving unlikely -- just so it doesn't
appear I'm bashing Michigan, which I'm not, so don't read anything into the
premise, sigh), who has the kind of team or can play the kind of game to
challenge Michigan in the NCAA Tournament, from the first round to the Final
Four. This may be more a matter of style of play and who can play it rather
than who can upset Michigan on any one given day.
Personally, if any of my favorite teams can't win, I don't mind seeing
Michigan win it all because the style of hockey the Wolverines play is good
for college hockey.

Steve Klein
 ----------
On Jan 20, 13:12, Charlie Shub wrote:
>Art, as usual, has hit the nail right on the head AGAIN.
>These lists DO NOT BELONG TO THE ADMINISTRATORS
>These lists BELONG TO THE USERS (VOLUNTEER POSTERS and INDEPENDENT READERS)
>VOLUNTEER POSTERS put information on the lists
>WANNABE DICTATORS try to constrain the VOLUNTEER POSTERS
>Lazy INDEPENDENT READERS try to constrain VOLUNTEER POSTERS
>        (Don't) Put the Score in the Subject line
>        Post to this list, that list, or the other list
>        (Don't) talk about X, Y, or Z

I was not aware of this issue of "ownership."  As an administrator,
certainly
my
aim has not been to put undue and unnecessary constraints on subscribers.
 If
administration is truly viewed as hindering and constraining rather than
helpful, I would be only too happy to step aside and let the chips fall
where
they may, so to speak.  I do not wish HOCKEY-L to die of suffocation.

(Administrators are volunteers too, by the way)

Bill Fenwick
HOCKEY-L [ not exactly sure what word is appropriate ]

 --
Bill Fenwick                                     Email:
Digicomp Research                                Voice:  (607) 273-5900 ext

HOCKEY is for discussing Hockey3/Hockey-L/Info-Hockey-L.