From:
Deron Treadwell <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Deron Treadwell <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 11 Jan 1996 00:56:49 -0500
My biggest heartbreak game was probably one of these, and I actually posted
it to the right place this time!  :-)

1992 NCAA Quarterfinal.. Michigan State 3  Maine 2

Maine was 34-4-2 that season, and us Maine people thought we had the best
shot ever at going all the way that year.  We also thought, with the losses
to graduation we were about to incur, that it would be our last great shot
for awhile.  To make such an early exit was.. shocking.  It just wasn't
meant to be that game.  Maine came at MSU in the third and tried desperately
to tie, but it just wasn't to be.

1991 Hockey East Final.. Boston University 4 Maine 3 (ot)

This is the famous Shawn McEachern highlight that NESN played during Hockey
East advertisements a year or two back.  Maine had lost the year before to
Boston College in the Hockey East Final the year before 4-3.  When #8
Northeastern knocked out #1 Boston College that year in the Quarterfinals it
was to be our year.  Those damn woofer gods got us though!  In overtime
McEachern came in and slid it by Maine's goalie, (Matt DelGuidice if memory
serves me correctly).

It should be noted that the 1995 Championship game isn't on this list.  I
always thought the most horrible thing in the world would be to lose to BU
in the NCAA Championship game, but after the way Maine played against
Michigan, it was hard not to be upbeat when the tournament was over.
Deron Treadwell                          e-mail: [log in to unmask]
Orono, Maine                                        Phone: (207) 581-6683
UMaine Hockey on the web:  http://maine.maine.edu/~dtread41/mehockey.html
          "Battles are fought with weapons, but men win wars."