From:
Arthur Berman <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Fri, 31 Mar 1995 19:36:27 -0700
On Fri, 31 Mar 1995, Jeff Benensohn wrote:

> 2) Their decision to show the tennis match did NOT strike me as "staying
>    with a live event in progress."  The tennis match was midway through
>    the second set at 1pm, i.e. HALFWAY THROUGH IT'S REGULAR REQUIRED TIME.
>    Obviously a decision was made to show this early-round tennis match
>    with the knowledge that it would run over into the hockey game.  This
>    last-minute decision to change their preannounced schedule was a huge
>    insult to college hockey IMO, and it caused great inconvenience to those
>    of us who don't get "the deuce" (and ESPN knows that's a lot of us).

Could this have been a marketing device to get us to call our cable
companies to add ESPN2?

> Probably the most fantastic college hockey game I've ever seen.  People
> certainly looked at me funny when I went barging into the local sports bar
> during lunch hour yesterday, looking extremely frazzled and upset,
> asking if they get e$pn2 and telling them to get it on quick, quick, quick.
> Luckily, they humored me.  Here's hoping I don't have to do the same thing
> tomorrow afternoon.

Because of work requirements I will be taping tomorrow's game.  Given the
tight scheduling of the Davis Cup we can only hope for straight sets.  It
is one thing to be commited to showing events to their conclusion, but I
still maintain ESPN is showing no respect to these championship games by
scheduling events highly likely to run overtime.

Arthur Berman [log in to unmask]
GO BU!!!