From:
Andrew Brecher <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Andrew Brecher <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 27 Feb 1995 18:27:35 -0500
In article <[log in to unmask]>,
[log in to unmask] wrote:

>Everyone seems to been predicting that the ECAC will get only its two automatic
>bids.  Although this could end up being the case, I don't see why people are so
>sure of it.
>4) Looking at the RPICH posted today, a number of ECAC teams are clinging just
>below the 12th spot...There is still a weekend left, and some interesting
>things are bound to happen.

I agree.  The thing with the ECAC is that although there are only two clear
top-quality teams (Clarkson and Brown) they have the deepest "second-tier"
of any of the leagues.  RPI, Harvard, Princeton, Colgate, and Vermont are
all fine times with excellent chances of winning the tourney.  They've all
clinched the playoff (if memory serves) but none has escaped the playdown
round, and there are only two games left...parity strikes again!  Even
Clarkson and Brown aren't >that< much better than those other five teams-
someone commented that whoever wins the regular season will have the
lowest point total in many years.  Brown could conceivably win the ECAC
with a worse record than their fourth-place finish of two years ago.

--

- Andrew Brecher ([log in to unmask])  <insert disclaimer here>