From:
Comstrike <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Comstrike <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 19 Jan 1995 17:03:37 -0500
Yup sports fans College hockey has a home in Northwestern Ohio.  WTOL
channel 11 in Northwestern and south eastern Mich. will be televising
this weekends contest between the CCHA's First and third place teams.
The Bowling Green State University Falcons, vs them guys from that state
up north (MSU).  The game is perjected to be a sellout with the last
meeting of the two team here in the BGSU Ice Arena having attracted 5,003
fans.  I personally was number the third or fourth person in the gates.
If it didn't look bad body checking people, and punting a couple of
little kids out of the way I'd gotten in first.  Anyway this won't be the
last game on TV as WTOL has signed a contract to broadcast BGSU Football,
Hockey, and Basketball in the future.  Rumors are now cerculating that it
is a matter of a month or so before Buddy Powers has his own "Coachs
show" on TV.  This all is very ironic because toledo also is home of the
university of toledo, and UT can't seem to get anybody to show their
games on TV (this has something to do with the fact that UT's teams
collectively "inhale with great force") and UT resents any toledo station
showing ours.  They would bring their club hockey team up to varsity, but
that would require them to trade up their figure skates.  :)