From:
"Ralph N. Baer" <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Ralph N. Baer
Date:
Fri, 9 Dec 1994 06:29:31 -0500
Yesterday, I received in the mail a copy of the 1994-95 Hockey Media
Guide for RPI.  Let me congratulate everyone who worked on it.  It is
by far the best one that I have seen.  (I have all of them from 1985-6
to the present, as well as one earlier one, I think from 1973-4.)  This
is the first time that year-by-year scores are included (starting with
49-50) -- very interesting.  I had not realized that RPI's 1954 NCAA
Championship team travelled to Colorado in late January losing twice to
Denver and one to CC, two of the three by large scores.

A couple of notes if anyone is reading this who had anything to do with
putting the Guide together.  Almost all of the percentage calculations
in the section that lists records against other teams are incorrect.
3-0-1 against Ala-Huntsville is not 1.000; 19-1 vs AIC is not .980 (boy
do I remember that one defeat in 65-66 -- it wasn't an upset!); 2-3-1
against Amherst is not .500, etc., etc.  Also in the "Leading Scorers
Year by Year" section, Barry Martinelli who tied for the team lead in
points in 75-76 (as well as leading the two previous years) is instead
shown as tieing for the lead in 1954-5 when he probably did not yet
know how to skate.

If anyone wants to order this who can't get one in Troy (where I think
that it costs $5.00) send a check of money order for $8.00 made out to
Rensselaer Athletics, to Rensselaer Athletic Department, AS & RC
Building, Rensselaer Polytechnic Institute, Troy, NY, 12180-3590.

Ralph Baer
Rensselaer Elitist Chumps  '68, '70, '74   :-)