From:
Rob Holmes <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Rob Holmes <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 22 Nov 1994 14:19:38 -0600
Katie wrote:

>And, I am *not* one bit against recruiting out of state, in fact I wish
>the Gophers would have done that instead of recruiting Reggie Berg.
>He has been kicked out of 2 schools and off more hockey teams than I
>can count.  I don't think we want someone like that in our program.
>We finally got rid of Steve Magnusson, now we're stuck with another winner.

Reggie Berg was kicked out of 2 schools?  Can you provide more info?  I was aware that he left Anoka during
his junior year to play in Des Moines, and then came back to Anoka to play his senior year in HS, but then
changed his mind and went back to Des Moines.  Were these decisons hockey related (I thought they were) or of
a more disiplinary nature?  I am just surprised cause this is the first I've heard any problems with Berg.
Granted, it is hard to keep up when you move to cheesland!  And funny you mentioned Magnusson in the same
breath.  He went to Anoka too!

Rog Holmes
Rob Holmes
Dept. of Meteorology