From:
Richard Hungerford <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Richard Hungerford <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 17 Oct 1994 11:37:15 EST
I just heard that John Marchetti (TUSAW94, PC71) has left Providence
College as head coach of the Women's Ice Hockey team.  The new head
coach will be the current PC field hockey coach, who was Marchetti's
assistant coach, Jackie Barto (PC84).  Barto will be assisted by
Chris Bailey (TUSAW94, PC94).

It is a great loss to not have John Marchetti coaching Providence.
Over the past 6 years some of the games I have looked forward to
the most, and then thoroughly enjoyed were PC games.  Marchetti's
tremendous attacking ideas were so much fun to watch.  I am shocked
and saddened by the turn of events.  I had looked forward to
watching his brand of hockey and had hopes he might take over
the national team.  Whatever Marchetti does next in hockey, I
wish him all the best.

At Brown, head coach Margeret Degidio-Murphy will have a new
assistant coach this year: Russ McCurdy.  Yes, that's right,
the former UNH head coach and TUSA92 head coach.  I have
a lot of respect for McCurdy's hockey mind.  I look forward
to seeing his ideas again, this time with the Brown Bears.
From what I have heard about new talent, Brown could be
the team to watch this year.

Other coahing changes previously announced:

Katey Stone (UNH89) new head coach at Harvard.

Vicki Movsessian (TUSA94, PC94) new assisant coach at Northeastern.

/
 good shooting
 rhun