From:
Mike Machnik <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Thu, 29 Sep 1994 00:03:00 EDT
This afternoon, I caught part of Dale Arnold's show on WEEI in Boston
while I was out at lunch (some would say out to lunch...).  I had
heard rumors of this, but for the first time publicly that I have
heard, Dale said that he would be doing play by play on WABU-TV68's
widespread coverage of BU hockey this season along with Mike Eruzione
on color.

This is good news, since Dale is one of the more respected sports
radio personalities in Boston and has professional play by play
experience, having done the Devils before moving to Boston several
years ago when he started with the Patriots and then moved into talk
radio when his station lost the Patriots' contract.  He's also called
the Beanpot for radio in the past.

One of the great things about Dale's show is that he is very
pro-hockey and it's not unusual to find him devoting a large chunk of
his 4 hours a day to it, even college hockey.

Today, I caught part of an interview he did with former LSSU and now
Bruins' goalie Blaine Lacher.  Lacher earned a shutout of the Flyers
in Boston's last preseason game Tuesday night.  Dale talked a lot
about Lacher's college career, and Lacher said he thought he may have
overdone it some in college as far as his emotions go.  Thanks,
Blaine, for that piece of remarkable insight. :-)

Dale is also about the only sportscaster in Boston thus far to
pronounce Lacher's name correctly. :-)  He and many other people
believe Lacher will be the guy to stick up with the team (if they
play) with first round pick Ryabchikov possibly headed to the minors.
Lacher has played well and it's nice to see him get off to such a
great start.  I already told JohnH that if he has the impact he's
projected to have, John might be able to wear that Lacher Lakers'
jersey next time he comes to Beantown after all.  Well, maybe not in
Walter Brown. :-)

Anyway, it is nice to see that BU has landed a solid announcing team
to do their games.  It should help them draw and keep a large audience
this season.  I'm looking forward to it.  If anyone gets a copy of the
BU tv schedule, please post it....thanks!
<<<<< Color Voice of the Merrimack Warriors (station TBA for 94-95) >>>>>