From:
Sean Pickett <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Sean Pickett <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 24 Sep 1994 19:46:48 -0400
[log in to unmask] (Anthony J Buffa) wrote:

>1) My only real chance for a college game is the Great
>Western Freezout  which takes place down in the Forum
>in LA around Thanksgiving every  year, I believe.  I
>would even risk going to LA to see some games,
>especially if RPI was in it.  Last year CLarkson was
>there and I believe  this year is PRinceton.  Does
>anyone know if they plan to rotate  invitations thru
>the various teams in each league?  I wrote them
>suggesting that but have not heard.  Typically they
>have one team from  each league and occasionally a
>Canadian team.  There are quite a few  Mich, Mich St,
>RPI, Cornell, people out here who would love the
>opportunity to relive some old memories!

This year The Great Western Freezeout has Maine vs Notre Dame
and Boston University vs Princeton on Friday 25 November (the
day after Thanksgiving).  The Championship and Consolation
games will be on Sunday 27 November.  On Saturday all four
teams will attend the Notre Dame-USC football game.

>2)  ECAC and TV.  We receive here, via a southern CA
>network PRIME  TICKET (which is somehow related to
>PRIME, I believe), a feed of the  CCHA game of the week
>and College Hockey USA weekly.  We even received  LIVE
>the championship game of each league's playoffs last
>year (CCHA,  WCHA, and HE) except for one league --
>guess which one!!  WE got the  RPI-Harvard game two
>days later on tape delay.  Does anyone know if  theECAC
>might consider more live TV and more than just on a
>NY-New  England basis?

The problem the ECAC has is that all eastern games start at
7:00 or 7:30pm and are head-to-head.  Hockey East and NESN have
a deal with Prime, so the HE TV game would be seen live over
the network and the ECAC TV game would not be broadcast, or
would be tape-delayed.  The ECAC semis and Championship were
tape-delayed because Prime broadcast the Hockey East semis and
Championship live.  Both leagues had their Championship games
at the same time.

Sean Pickett     -     Go BU Terriers, 1994 Hockey East
Champions!