From:
Glen Keeney <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Thu, 12 May 1994 00:16:11 EDT
  I stopped a the MSU hockey office today to see about a schedule and they
said, "in about 2 weeks".  I imagine my first reliable info will come to me
from the CCHA  ?Ptoffice via efforts of Keith Instone.  In the meantime, some
tidbits extracted from a column by Neil Koepke intermixed with rumors from
me (you may not be able to tell which is which, but none of this appears
cast in stone anyway, so...).

  MSU @ Ak-Anchorage- not signed, but sounds like a go for Oct 14-15.

  Ak-Fairbanks will play at least one game against each CCHA team.  UAF plays
at MSU Nov 18-19, one of which will count in CCHA standings. I take it from
this that 10 UAF games will count in CCHA standings, one with each CCHA
team.  (Hey, it is no worse that having some 3-point and some 2-point games
along with shootouts.)

  MSU opens Conference play against UIC Oct 21-22, then finishes season play
against UIC the following weekend - coupled with games against Miami
Feb 10-11 and March 4.  (Hey, it no worse than shootouts and 3-point games
intermixed with 2-point games.)

  MSU play Michigan at Joe Louis-Detroit on Sat. Feb 18.

  LSSU and OSU pair up for games at MSU Nov 4-5, then again Dec 2-3.

  There is a paragraph on rules changes which I interpret to say that there
is a proposal to eliminate coincidental penalties so as to allow 4 on 4
play, but would use coincidental to prevent going 3 on 3.

  Looking back at this, I hope the schedule makers didn't pass up the
opportunity of having MSU get in its 1 road game against each of OSU
and LSSU by playing them back-to-back on some Fri-Sat in January.

-glen-