Sender:
From:
Wayne T Smith <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 20 Aug 2006 18:37:24 -0400
Hi All,

Bob was one of those Hockey-L / Frozen Four folks that I always enjoyed
meeting, even for too-brief moments.

I especially recall having limited expectations for the 2005 Columbus
Frozen Four ... when I was unable to sell 4 of my extra tickets ... but
the hockey was good, the host city excellent, and our fortune good at
sharing the same hotel as Bob and Arlene.  Each night we sat at the
Holiday Inn bar and talked college hockey, a little physics, and some of
the pleasures of life including Smith-family planning for a trip to
Southern California.  The Columbus Frozen Four became one of my
favorites, as I treasured getting to know Bob and Arleen.  I will miss
Bob Stagat.

Our condolences, Arlene, on your loss and our loss.  Best wishes always.

With great regard,
Ben, Becky and Wayne Smith

P.S. Hockey-L does not distribute attachments, but I'm going to break
that rule and try to include a photo of Bob and Arlene from the Columbus
Frozen Four Hockey-L Dinner.  Enjoy!   wts