Sender:
From:
Andy Weise <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 27 Mar 2004 10:13:13 -0500
For anyone who attended the Albany regionals last night, we were treated to a
great first game. Harvard played very well and Maine made a great comeback to
end a thrilling game.

The second game, while (ahem) not quite as exciting, featured a battle of
the bands.
Both the Ohio St. and Wisconsin bands were very good and I enjoyed listening to
them.....provided they weren't playing simultaneously. Did anyone else
notice this?
After a while, I found it difficult to enjoy them. Did it appear to anyone
else that the
Wisconsin band played at *every* whistle?

I certainly admire the enthusiasm (not to mention stamina) of both bands
and the
fans joining them. But it seems excessive to me, especially when the
opposing team's
band chimes in over the other. This is no attempt to criticize either the
talent or the
spirit of either, but it seems like some etiquette between the bands needed
to be,
well, "enforced".

Looking forward to a great Maine-Wisconsin game tonight,

-Andy