Pamela Dunning <[log in to unmask]>
Wed, 31 Aug 2016 09:59:21 -0400
Good morning.

I am in need of a policy that would cover the Library refusing to post
political or religious materials. The practice here has always been to post
notices for non-profits programs only. We have never had a written policy as
handling a bulletin board didn't seem to call for one.

Recently, the Library began a fundraising project where patrons can buy and
engraved brick and have it placed in a patio on the property here. A patron
came in yesterday to purchase a brick with "Choose Life", the anti-abortion
slogan on it. This is an obvious political agenda and could be a problem. I
can already imagine the answering bricks that could arise. Our patio could
become an argument in action.

Suggestions are not only welcome but actively solicited here.

Best wishes, Pam

Pam Dunning, Director

Wiscasset Public Library