From:
Shiva Darbandi <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Shiva Darbandi <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 7 Oct 2016 09:16:04 -0400
Dear MELIBers,

I hope this email finds you well! I am writing to learn if any libraries
would be interested in a large abstract acrylic painting by Maine artist
Lesley Anne Corbett. The painting, measuring about 95'' X 48'', may be hung
either vertically or horizontally and can likely be transported to you and
hung with the help of the artist.

Being an arts College we see a lot of work come and go, but all of us have
a special affinity for this painting, which used to be on display in our
Learning Studio. The painting had to be removed to make way for a student
requested white board, and it's too large to exhibit anywhere else given
how much art we already have up! The artist only requests that the piece be
displayed somewhere public.

If you could use a large piece of art work for a space in your Library,
please let me know! I will send pictures to anyone who replies.

TRIGGER WARNING You can see more of the artist's work here
<http://index.meca.edu/2013/?project=lesley-anne-corbett>. You can also
learn more about the artist in this short documentary
<http://www.saltstoryarchive.com/projectview.php?id=1648>.

Respectfully,
Shiva

--