From:
Carol McFadden <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Carol McFadden <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 26 Sep 2014 12:58:08 -0400
I agree with Janis. In my opinion, it's simply THE best professional children's source around, always setting the highest development standards for our collections. I really rely on it and find it well worth the money. I also love what Horn says about themselves. "Independent, opinionated, and stylish, The Horn Book Magazine has long been essential for everyone who cares about children’s and young adult literature. Our articles are lively, our reviews are insightful, our editorials are always sharp. We have gathered current and archival material to give you a taste of what we’ve been offering since 1924."

I have an understanding of what amazing expertise goes into producing The Horn Book because I'm lucky to have known some of the former editors, the inspiring Paul and Ethel Heins whose passion for children's lit stills sticks with and drives me today.

Carol McFadden
Head of Children's Services
Patten Free Library
Bath, ME