From:
Sonya Durney <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Sonya Durney <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 14 Sep 2022 15:41:41 -0400
Just when we thought the news about censorship and challenges could not get
any more frustrating... *Maine governor race takes center stage in national
conservative group’s latest attack on LGBTQ book*:  <goog_1385616266>
https://www.mainepublic.org/politics/2022-09-13/maine-governor-race-is-center-stage-in-a-national-conservative-groups-latest-attack-on-lgbtq-books
(MPBN,
Sep 13).

We need to keep speaking up and educating our communities. Remember, the
majority of parents are not in favor of book banning. EveryLibrary cites
some data from Florida to back this
https://action.everylibrary.org/the_majority_of_parents_do_not_want_to_restrict_student_access_to_libraries.
While most are not in favor of book bans, those who are seem to be the
loudest in this current conversation.

--
~Sonya

*Sonya Durney, MLIS*

Vice-President| Maine Library Association
PhD Candidate | Muskie School of Public Service
Cell: (207) 347-1870
Zoom: https://une.zoom.us/my/sdurney
*Connect on LinkedIn <http://www.linkedin.com/pub/sonya-durney/12/672/501/>*