From:
Danielle Fortin <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Danielle Fortin <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 1 Sep 2022 18:31:10 -0400
They've been coming back online slowly this week.

The latest update:

As Baker & Taylor has previously announced, we detected a ransomware
incident that is affecting several B&T services. Our IT staff and others
are working incredibly hard to restore our systems to allow us to continue
serving our customers, and we are pleased to report that we are making good
progress on these efforts. Our phone systems are operational, and our
value-added services are being brought back online in our service centers.

As we continue our recovery efforts, we understand that you may be
concerned about whether it is safe for you to interact with Baker & Taylor
electronically.  We want to assure you that confirming the security of our
environment has been, and remains, a top priority for us as we work through
the recovery process. In fact, the methodical pace of our restoration is in
part a reflection of our efforts to recover safely and thoughtfully, with
guidance from industry experts. We expect additional systems to come online
shortly. But consistent with our approach, we will not bring them up until
we are confident in their security.

We know how disruptive this incident has been for our customers and
partners and we remain committed to fully resolving it. We will continue to
partner with our cyber intelligence experts to further investigate, and we
will provide additional relevant information as it becomes available.

The Baker & Taylor Team

--
Danielle Fortin, she/her
Teen Services Librarian