From:
Ana Noriega <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Ana Noriega <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 11 Aug 2022 13:07:47 -0400
Heather and Samantha--I'm so sorry to hear about this, I had no idea it was
happening, and am so grateful to you for bringing it to the attention of
the larger library community. ❤

Heather--from your perspective as a school library worker, is there any
sense in sending out a letter of support from the larger MELIBS community
next time this happens?

Would it help if some of us non-school-library workers showed up in
solidarity at future school board meetings, and offered to take your lead,
as school librarians/school library workers?

It makes me sick to think of my friends and family being forced to go to a
school where their existence is challenged daily.  I agree with you
both--information wants to be free!

In solidarity,
Ana Noriega

--
Ana Noriega, Assistant Director for Collections Management
Colby College Libraries