From:
Anna Faherty <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Anna Faherty <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 27 May 2022 11:59:08 -0400
Maine Contemporary Archives <https://ourmainearchives.omeka.net/> meets
monthly on Zoom to discuss strategies and challenges related to
contemporary and digital archives in Maine. We welcome new faces to our
informal chats and professional development events!

Join us on June 2nd at 3pm to learn about everything we’ve been working on
and welcome new faces who found us at the MLA conference. Link to open
meeting:
https://maine.zoom.us/j/83354405499?pwd=RE45RFJoVm51OTdnZnRlcFFqMjZMZz09

(Password: 607651).

Join us on July 7th at 3pm for a workshop about Creative Commons with Megan
MacGregor of University of Southern Maine Libraries (see below for
registration details).

Creative Commons Licenses for User Submissions

July 7, 2022 at 3:00pm

Register for the Zoom Meeting:
https://maine.zoom.us/meeting/register/tZUqce6rpj0pE9XV5yKWp3v6k2UlMT2Es_0l

Maine Contemporary Archives welcomes Megan MacGregor, who will take us
through the basics of Creative Commons Licenses and how to use them, both
as the creator who places them on a work, and the user who wants to work
with these licenses. In addition, we will be sharing resources related to
the larger GLAM (Galleries, Libraries, Archives and Museums) Open movement.
A Q&A will follow the presentation.

Megan MacGregor is the Outreach & Instruction Librarian and resident expert
on Creative Commons at University of Southern Maine Libraries.

Let Megan know what you’re hoping to learn by filling out this poll in
advance of the meeting: https://forms.gle/eDyF4WiffnVzf8X
<https://forms.gle/eDyF4WiffnVzf8Xz5>

--
*Anna Faherty*
Archivist

📍 <https://emojis.wiki/round-pushpin/> the ancestral, traditional, and
contemporary lands of the Wabanaki Nations
<https://www.abbemuseum.org/about-the-wabanaki-nations#:~:text=Today%2C%20the%20four%20Maine%20Indian,respective%20lands%20and%20natural%20resources.>