From:
Andy Ryer <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Andy Ryer <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 24 Jan 2022 12:00:00 -0500
Hello. This email is to alert you to the next program in Thomas Memorial
Library's ongoing virtual Maine Wildlife series, which will be taking place
tomorrow night, *Tuesday, January 25th at 6:30pm. *Join us for: *Coyote:
America's Songdog**!*

*Join conservation biologist Geri Vistein as she takes you on a journey to
discover who this important and resilient carnivore is, in a way you’ve
never heard before. But this presentation is all about us as well, since we
share the landscape and our lives with Coyote. Because life on earth is
deeply interrelated and complex, this presentation is inclusive, touching
upon anthropology, archaeology, prehistoric and modern history, Native
American life, poetry, human psychology, human belief systems, European
worldviews, wildlife science and ecology, animal husbandry, and much more.
This program will center on “Perceptions and Relationships” — Coyote and
Native Americans and European Americans, Coyote’s relationship with other
wildlife and the ecosystem, and Coyote and us – how do we share our lives
with Coyote? The presentation will give community members a chance to come
together and share their own stories, ask questions they have been wanting
to ask, and share a dialogue that helps us all to understand better our
very deep rooted relationships with all life, including our fellow humans.
Come hear the Songdogs Sing!  *

This event is free and open to all. Registration is required so that we can
send you a Zoom link to join. You can register here:
https://www.thomasmemoriallibrary.org/maine-wildlife-series-3/.

We encourage you to sign up for this program and to please help us spread
the word about it to anyone you know who may be interested. Thanks for your
help with this and we hope to see you tomorrow night. Stay safe, be well
and have a wonderful day.

--Andy Ryer

--
Andrew J. Ryer