From:
Nikki Maounis <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Nikki Maounis <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 11 Jan 2022 14:40:13 -0500
Posted for Julia Pierce –

Our Jumpstart January program with Jay Sherwin last Friday was *very* well
done (and well received). Afterward, he asked if I could post a
recommendation about his program on the Maine Libraries listserv. I don't
participate in it, but I would be grateful if you could post the paragraph
below for me. I certainly have found the reviews of programs from
other libraries that you have forwarded to me to be very helpful.

"Jay Sherwin facilitated an excellent 90-minute program for our patrons on
Friday, January 7, 2022. The workshop was entitled "Writing a Legacy
Letter" and was hosted on Zoom for a limited audience of 25 people. Jay
described the purpose for writing a "Legacy Letter" (also known as an
ethical will) and clearly outlined what should be considered when planning
one. The program included short, meaningful writing activities and
opportunities for the participants to share what they wrote and ask
questions. His tone throughout was very considerate, upbeat, and
motivational. The entire program was engaging, and Jay gave a very
accessible structure to the daunting task of writing such a letter. We
received lots of positive feedback from the participants after the program,
and we would highly recommend Jay Sherwin's class to other libraries. Jay's
fee was very reasonable for the caliber of program he delivered (and he was
kind enough to adjust his rate to accommodate our budget). His website is:
https://www.jaysherwin.com/legacy-letters and his email address is:

--- Julia Pierce, Library Programs Coordinator, Camden Public Library"