From:
"Brann, Michele" <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Brann, Michele
Date:
Thu, 2 Dec 2021 18:40:24 +0000
Hello, All:

We perennially get asked how to search Nature in Digital Maine Library.  It has changed several times over the course of having access and has always been confusing.

So, I put together the latest info on how to search it.

Things to know about the Nature database:
A login should NOT be necessary; ignore the request

The database provides other journals besides Nature but we only have access to Nature with DML

Our access is limited issues from 1997-current (older issues may crop up with the designation "Open Access")

To only search articles which are available, follow these steps, once in Digital Maine Library:

  *   Open the Nature Database
  *   Click on "Search" in the upper right-hand corner
  *   When the page opens, click on "Advanced Search" (located directly under the search box)
  *   Type your search terms in the appropriate boxes (title, subject, keyword, author, etc)
  *   Refine your results by year:  1997 to current year (if you search older years you will get articles which cannot be accessed but the possibility of open access articles)
  *   Type Nature in the titles box to limit to that journal
  *   Click "search"
This procedure should bring up articles only from the journal Nature and only those available via our subscription in Digital Maine Library

Feel free to use this info any way you like - handouts, etc.

I hope it's helpful.

Michele L. Brann B.A., M.L.I.S.
Reference Services
Maine State Library