From:
Nicole Rancourt <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Nicole Rancourt <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 29 Nov 2021 20:39:20 +0000
The Big Question is an annual event that brings people together with expert guides to start playing with a really big question, tossing it around, seeing what really big question can do. This year, we’re asking What if …?

MHC’s Big Question 2022 is all online – recordings, resources, and prompts sent in a series of emails and progressively revealed on a dedicated Big Question webpage, with one live zoom event to cap it all off.  We are trying out this format for the first time – and we’re excited to see what it can do ... and who better to help us find out than librarians and libraries?!

 It’s free to register, and every registrant will receive a series of emails starting on 1/18 and ending with the closing zoom event on 2/3 – and every registrant will get a packet of printed materials in the mail too.  Access to the content will not expire!

 The content will be appropriate for adults and young adults, and will engage with topics that have broad relevance.  Each guide will present a series of short recordings that will present material in their expertise, raise questions, and inspire further curiosity.  There will be plenty for people to discuss – and plenty of ways for libraries to supplement the program with resources from their own collections and activities they know work or want to try out!

 How could engaging with the Big Question support what you, your library, and your patrons do? How could we support you in engaging with the Big Question, what if?

See who the guides are and more at https://mainehumanities.org/program/the-big-question.  Email [log in to unmask]<mailto:[log in to unmask]> if you’re interested in participating or want to talk more about it!

~Nicole

Nicole Rancourt (she/her)
Program Manager

Maine Humanities Council<https://mainehumanities.org/>

674 Brighton Ave. | Portland, ME | (207) 773-5051
- Home of the Harriet P. Henry Center for the Book -