From:
Janet Wilson <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Tue, 23 Nov 2021 13:39:10 -0600
Hi All,

Rangeley Public Library is considering joining a shared integrated
library system (ILS). I am trying to determine if this is the right
decision for our library and would love to hear from other libraries
who have already made this move.

We would have to change to a new circulation system, would need new
barcodes on all of our books, and would need new library cards for all
of our patrons. I am trying to figure out how much time this is likely
to take. If you had to do those things when joining your ILS, can you
tell me approximately how many staff hours went into the change over?

What do you see as the biggest advantages and biggest disadvantages to
joining? How did your patrons react to the change? Any other thoughts?

Thank you,

Janet Wilson

--
Janet Wilson, Director