From:
Nissa Flanagan <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Nissa Flanagan <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 2 Nov 2021 13:48:14 -0400
I agree that age filters would be helpful with ComicsPlus, in the same way
that they are helpful in CloudLibrary.  With such a large collection, age
filters can enhance usability.   My children, ages 9 and 11, tested the app
pretty heavily, and then suddenly stopped using it entirely.  When I asked
them why, it was because they thought they'd read *everything* that wasn't
an adult book.  I'm sure they haven't made it through the 20k+ titles, but
seeing so many adult books mixed into the results made them think they'd
hit the end of the collection.

It appears that the age filter can be used on the website, which would
allow a user to build a queue of age appropriate titles, but that's an
additional step that really isn't clear from the app.  For our family, the
age filter is really more about helping them find titles of interest than
of me limiting what they have access to.  I'm sure there are also adult
users who wouldn't mind having the younger material filtered out of their
browsing results as well.

Best,
Nissa

--