From:
Andrea DeBiase <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Andrea DeBiase <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 19 Oct 2021 13:56:00 -0400
Hi all,

 ¬†We just completed our annual used book sale, however this year we did
it at the library! A tent was put up out in the parking lot and we had
tables set up inside as well. It went well and we made about the same as
previous years. As usual, after the sale we truck dozens of boxes up to
the transfer station "mall", store, if you want to call it that. It
makes us feel better that they are not going in the recycle bin...but it
also puts a burden on the lone employee to rearrange the space after we
leave! Word on the street is he would tell us to put them in the trash
next time.

I would like some suggestions on what to do with these unsold books. We
are keeping 20+ boxes to sell in our community room for a few months,
but this will not work every year once we open the room up to meetings
and programs again.

Sneak peak...I also just had 5 boxes of Maine books donated by the son
of a former Maine Guide! Can't risk bringing these to the transfer
station. Someone must want these!

Thank you for your feedback,

Andrea

--
Andrea DeBiase
Library Director

I have always imagined that Paradise will be a kind of library. ~Jorge Luis Borges