From:
Jenna Mayotte <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Jenna Mayotte <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 27 Jul 2021 20:27:24 +0000
Falmouth Memorial Library, in beautiful Falmouth, Maine, is seeking a part-time Circulation Assistant for our newly renovated library. Our expanded space now has four public service desks, including a children's desk, reference desk, a new information desk, as well as a circulation desk. Our library staff work together as a team across service areas to ensure the best experience for everyone visiting our library. Front-line staff are the ambassadors to our library and must be welcoming, friendly, and able to help patrons successfully navigate our new space.

We are looking for staff who can handle detailed work while having frequent interruptions and maintain a friendly and helpful demeanor. Computer literacy, including working knowledge of PC operating systems, e-readers, tablets, etc. is required. The position requires moving around the library, which includes bending and stretching to shelve items, and lifting boxes of interlibrary loan materials (up to 25 lbs.). The majority of a shift will be spent processing materials through our circulation software, setting up carts of materials for shelving and interacting with patrons and staff. Previous customer service experience of at least two years is preferred, public library experience is a plus. Experience with III's Sierra software is preferred.

We are looking for someone to work up to 19 hours per week and expect the successful candidate to be part of a Saturday or evening rotation as part of the shifts. Pay rates start at $16/hr. Please submit a cover letter and resume by Monday, August 16, to Jenna Mayotte, Library Director, via email or mail only (no phone calls please) to: [log in to unmask]<mailto:[log in to unmask]>.

Jenna N. Mayotte
Library Director
Falmouth Memorial Library
5 Lunt Road