From:
Andy Ryer <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Andy Ryer <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 20 Jul 2021 13:32:18 -0400
Hello. This email is to alert you to an upcoming program at Thomas Memorial
Library which will be taking place this *Thursday, July 22nd at 6:30pm. *Join
us for *Fort Williams: A Deeper Look.*

*If you live in Southern Maine, chances are you’ve spent some time
exploring and enjoying Fort Williams Park. But did you know that in
addition to the lighthouse, picnic grove, playground, Children’s Garden and
pickleball courts that we associate with the park today, there is a deep
and fascinating history to this special spot from its time as a bustling
military fort? Join us as we welcome Bob Dodd and Jim Rowe, current and
former presidents of the Cape Elizabeth Historic Preservation Society
<https://www.cehistory.org/>, for this presentation about the heyday of
Fort Williams, its rise and fall, and how it transformed from an important
military installation into the beloved park we know today. You’ll see rare
photos from the Fort’s past and hear stories of those who were stationed
there during the first half of the twentieth century. In addition, Bob Dodd
will give a behind the scenes look at how he researched and created
his stunning scale model version of Fort Williams
<https://www.pressherald.com/2021/01/01/putting-the-familiar-in-scale/> that
is currently on display at the library. You don’t want to miss this special
evening — you’ll never see Fort Williams Park the same way again!*

This event is free and open to all. Registration is required so that we can
send you a Zoom link to join. You can register here:
https://www.thomasmemoriallibrary.org/fort-williams-a-deeper-look/.

We encourage you to sign up for this program and to please help us spread
the word about it to anyone you know who may be interested. Thanks for your
help with this and we hope to see you on Thursday. Stay safe, be well and
have a wonderful day.

--Andy Ryer

--
Andrew J. Ryer