From:
Donna Wallace <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Donna Wallace <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 21 Apr 2021 14:35:21 -0400
As you know, the month of April is set aside as National Poetry Month, a
time to celebrate poets and their written words.

Join local poet Lynne Schmidt as she reads from her award-winning
collection, Dead Dog Poems, which explores the loss of a canine soul mate.
The journey will take the listener through the happy, the terminal
diagnosis, eventual death, and the aftermath of grief after such a loss.
After the reading, there will be time for Q and A, as well as reflection
for anyone who would like to share about their beloved companions.

This program will take place virtually, via Zoom.  To register, contact the
Auburn Public Library Reference Desk at 207-333-6640, ext. 4, or email
[log in to unmask]  Participants will be emailed a Zoom link
on the day of the program.

Feel free to share this email or the Facebook Event
<https://www.facebook.com/events/300118991526969>.

If you have any questions, don't hesitate to contact me!

Sincerely,
Donna Wallace
Adult Services Manager
Media Lab Coordinator
Auburn Public Library
49 Spring Street
Auburn, ME  04210
Tel: 207-333-6640, ext. 4
www.auburnpubliclibrary.org
facebook.com/auburnpubliclibrary

*"... if you buy an old house, you are not responsible for how it was
built. ...  But it's your responsibility once it's in your possession to
know what it is that you now occupy.  And it's your responsibility to fix
it.  ... we are now in the structure of the old house that now belongs to
us.  And it's our responsibility now to deal with whatever is within it.
Whatever's wrong with it is now our responsibility, ..."  -- Isabel
Wilkerson in an interview with Terry Gross on NPR's Fresh Air, 8/4/2020,
when asked about the statement, "... I'm not responsible for racism in
America. ..."*