From:
Carol McFadden <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Carol McFadden <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 24 Jun 2019 09:39:42 -0400

From: Carol McFadden [mailto:[log in to unmask]]
Sent: Monday, June 24, 2019 9:38 AM
To: [log in to unmask]; Youth Services Connections
Subject: Retiring

Oh, the places I'll go.

I'll be retiring from my position at the Patten Free Library in mid-July,
joining my husband Tim McFadden who retired two years ago from his position
as Boothbay Harbor Memorial Library Director. I've been a youth librarian
for almost 40 years, nearly 12 of those as PFL Head of Children's Services.
During my time with the PFL, since 2007, I've offered over 3,246 children's
programs with over 57,810 in attendance. With the First Grade Visit
Program,1,578 first graders visited with their teachers and 1,329 received
library cards. I've averaged over 500 summer reading participants, each
summer, to our Summer Reading Programs. Many years ago, I started the
YOUTHSERVICES-L Listserv that provides a professional connection for Maine's
Youth Services Librarians. It was amazing to have conducted the last
recorded interview with Dahlov Ipcar, at her Georgetown home; before she
passed away in 2017 (the DVD is available to check-out in the Children's
Room). I'm mighty pleased with my work and that's something to hang my hat
on.

I'll be busy with our family permaculture farm and starting my own business,
Once Upon a Time Storytimes, offering picture book readings, guitar songs,
fingerplays, story reinforcement crafts for babies through preschoolers,
going to libraries, schools and home birthday parties

Please spread the word and, come by or write, to wish me well in my new
adventures. Over the decades in this literacy field, it's been a true honor
to have encouraged the love of reading with so many children. Happy trails &
happy reading!

Carol

Carol McFadden, MLIS | Head of Children's Services

207.443.5141 x17 |  <http://www.patten.lib.me.us/> www.patten.lib.me.us

33 Summer Street, Bath, ME  04530