From:
Julie Sawtelle <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Julie Sawtelle <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 3 Jun 2021 12:04:24 -0400
Good afternoon - I'm curious about how your on-site used book sales
work.  I have a pop-up meeting tonight and it suddenly occurred to
seek input here.

For starters, whose sale is it - the library's, or your Friends' group?

If the library's sale, how are funds handled vis-a-vis the town?  Do
the proceeds go into the town's "general fund", or are you able to
transfer that income back into the library's budget?

If it's the Friends' sale, has anyone ever complained that it
(technically a "non-town" entity) is using space (long-term) that
other local fundraising groups are denied?

Also, is the sale monitored by a volunteer, or is it an honor system?

Any additional insights are welcome.

Please reply off-list, and thank you!!

Julie

Julie Sawtelle, Director