Sender:
Date:
Thu, 11 Apr 2013 12:06:41 -0400
7bit
From:
Pamela - work <[log in to unmask]>
Comments:
To: Public Library Directors <[log in to unmask]>
Good day.

Please excuse the cross posting.

Wiscasset Public Library has an extensive collection of pages of local
history. We are considering digitizing this collection to make it more
accessible. If anyone has taken on this type of work in the past, I would
love to hear your thoughts on the following questions.

1.	What type of hardware (computer, scanner, extra digital storage,
etc.) did you need/use?
2.	What software did you need/use?
3.	How many staff hours were required per number of pages or did you
find some other way to estimate production hours?
4.	Did you find any grants that were particularly supportive to this
type of work?

I appreciate any information you can share. Thank you.

Pamela Dunning, Director

Wiscasset Public Library