Sender:
From:
Donna Wallace <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 17 Aug 2022 16:03:31 -0400
In conjunction with and on behalf of the Maine State Library, I will be
facilitating a session of  Project READY: Reimagining Equity and Access for
Diverse Youth <https://ready.web.unc.edu/> this fall.  As you may recall,
Project READY is a professional development opportunity for librarians
which focuses on relationships with, and resources and services for the
diverse members of our communities.  Although designed with youth in mind,
the curriculum is an important one for any librarian who seeks to ensure
diversity, equity and inclusion within their library.  No matter where you
are on your own personal and professional racial equity journey, this
curriculum offers opportunities to deepen and extend your understanding.

We are looking to begin on Friday, September 9, with our last class on
Friday, November 18.  We will meet for 10 weeks, via Zoom, from 1:30-2:30
each Friday.  (We will not meet on Friday, November 11.)  Attendees will
need to commit to attending at least 8 of the 10 sessions.  Sessions will
not be recorded.  The class size will be capped at 10.  Attendees will earn
1 CEU.

Before committing, please take a look at the curriculum as linked above.
It is important that you have the time to complete the work before each
session; some modules require more time than others -- especially those in
the beginning.  I can tell you, from experience, that it will be well worth
your time.

If you are interested in participating, please simply respond to this
email.  Likewise, don't hesitate to reach out if you have any questions.

Thank you,

Donna Wallace* (she/her/hers)*
Adult Services Manager
Media Lab Coordinator
Auburn Public Library
49 Spring Street
Auburn, ME  04210
Tel: 207-333-6640, ext. 4
www.auburnpubliclibrary.org
facebook.com/auburnpubliclibrary

"...We need to get out of these frames of mind and states of emotion that
elevate mastery over compassion, division over connection, and greed over
care, separating us one from another and locking us in."*  --Tia Miles,
from "All That She Carried: the journey of Ashley's sack, a black family
keepsake."*