Sender:
Date:
Fri, 29 Apr 2022 12:56:38 -0400
From:
"Racheal L. Sylvester" <[log in to unmask]>
Hello Janet,

I think you make a lot of good points about where parents are coming
from and it does make sense where their feelings of frustrations come
from.  I agree parents  should be able to have a say in their
children's education and access to materials.  The issue that arises i
feel is when they start saying that no children should have access or
be taught something which then infringes on the boundaries that a
different parent may have.  I know when I was in school you could have
a parent opt you out of a particular lesson if it was something that
could be controversial or a difficult subject.  America is a nation of
choices and options and we always seem to get into a pickle somewhere
with how many and who do we offer them to.  We're still a young nation
and with an ever changing population with new ideas and expectations
and we may never find the right balance.  Hopefully we can continue to
grow and progress and maybe one day we'll be able to find a spot that
works well enough. Thank you for your views and I hope this message
finds you well,

-Sincerely,

Racheal Sylvester
Outreach Coordinator