MELIBS-L Archives

Maine Libraries Discussion List

MELIBS-L@LISTS.MAINE.EDU

Options: Use Forum View

Use Monospaced Font
Show Text Part by Default
Condense Mail Headers

Message: [<< First] [< Prev] [Next >] [Last >>]
Topic: [<< First] [< Prev] [Next >] [Last >>]
Author: [<< First] [< Prev] [Next >] [Last >>]

Print Reply
Sender:
Maine Libraries Discussion List <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 28 Oct 2021 09:05:27 -0400
Reply-To:
James Jackson Sanborn <[log in to unmask]>
Subject:
MIME-Version:
1.0
Message-ID:
In-Reply-To:
Content-Type:
text/plain; charset="UTF-8"
From:
James Jackson Sanborn <[log in to unmask]>
Parts/Attachments:
text/plain (132 lines)
Good Morning-
After some work over the weekend and early this week, the authentication
issues that we were having with the ComicsPlus system have been resolved.
The dropdown menu on the page that some libraries need to point patrons to
is once again properly displaying libraries.

As a reminder from my first (sent too early!) email:

Different libraries, depending on your library type and/or your catalog
system will need to follow different sets of directions for your patrons to
sign up to use the app.

A page outlining these different methods is located at:
https://www.maineinfonet.org/comicsplus/comicsplus-instructions-for-libraries/

This page should help you, as a librarian, figure out which method your
patrons should use.

Each method has its own page linked from the instruction page-- please do
not direct patrons to the top-level instructions for librarians page--
rather provide the one page link and directions that work for your library.

I know this is confusing, and we have done our best to try to explain and
provide instructions, but if you have questions, particularly if you are
unsure which method of account creation and logging in you should provide
to your patrons, you can open a ticket with us at:
https://support.maineinfonet.org or email [log in to unmask] and we
can help!

Have a great day
-James

_____________________________
James M Jackson Sanborn
Executive Director, Maine InfoNet
5784 York Village, Suite 58
Orono, Maine 04469-5784
207-581-3083
fax: 207-581-3095
james.jacksonsanborn@m <[log in to unmask]>ainei
<[log in to unmask]>nfonet.org


On Fri, Oct 22, 2021 at 11:27 AM James Jackson Sanborn <
[log in to unmask]> wrote:

> And as all attempts to launch a new system go- we have a glitch in the
> code on the page for creating accounts tied to libraries that manage their
> card numbers using the patron authentication barcode database.
>
> It is working for some, but appears to present a blank dropdown to many
> libraries when they try to load the page.
> No need to report that issue-- I will email the list once we have it fixed.
>
> In the meantime, you can try out the system using the instructions located
> on the page:
> https://www.maineinfonet.org/comicsplus/digitalmainecomics/
>
> My apologies that this isn't working as smoothly as it should for all
> libraries!
> -James
>
> _____________________________
> James M Jackson Sanborn
> Executive Director, Maine InfoNet
> 5784 York Village, Suite 58
> Orono, Maine 04469-5784
> 207-581-3083
> fax: 207-581-3095
> james.jacksonsanborn@m <[log in to unmask]>ainei
> <[log in to unmask]>nfonet.org
>
>
> On Fri, Oct 22, 2021 at 9:30 AM James Jackson Sanborn <
> [log in to unmask]> wrote:
>
>> Good Morning-
>> At long (long!) last, I'd like to invite libraries that use the Download
>> Library system to start using the ComicsPlus system.
>>
>> ComicsPlus provides access to a collection of over 20,000 comics and
>> graphic novels, which are all available all the time, and there is no check
>> out limit (No Hold Queues!).  ComicsPlus works on the web and through an
>> app available for Apple or Android.
>>
>> The ComicsPlus collection of comics and graphic novels is a separate
>> system from the CloudLibrary system, so it has its own unique ways of
>> having patrons login and create accounts.
>>
>> Different libraries, depending on your library type and/or your catalog
>> system will need to follow different sets of directions for your patrons to
>> sign up to use the app.
>>
>> I know this is complicated, but hopefully once you figure out which
>> method your patrons should use, you will only need to present one set of
>> directions to your users.
>>
>> A page outlining these different methods is located at:
>>
>> https://www.maineinfonet.org/comicsplus/comicsplus-instructions-for-libraries/
>>
>> This page should help you, as a librarian, figure out which method your
>> patrons should use.
>>
>> Each method has its own page linked from the instruction page-- please do
>> not direct patrons to the top-level instructions for librarians page--
>> rather provide the one page link and directions that work for your library.
>>
>> I know this is confusing, and we have done our best to try to explain and
>> provide instructions, but if you have questions, particularly if you are
>> unsure which method of account creation and logging in you should provide
>> to your patrons, you can open a ticket with us at:
>> https://support.maineinfonet.org or email [log in to unmask] and
>> we can help!
>>
>> Have a great day
>> -James
>>
>>
>>
>> _____________________________
>> James M Jackson Sanborn
>> Executive Director, Maine InfoNet
>> 5784 York Village, Suite 58
>> Orono, Maine 04469-5784
>> 207-581-3083
>> fax: 207-581-3095
>> james.jacksonsanborn@m <[log in to unmask]>ainei
>> <[log in to unmask]>nfonet.org
>>
>

ATOM RSS1 RSS2