Date:
Tue, 26 Oct 2021 16:01:34 -0400
Sender:
From:
Jeff Cabral <[log in to unmask]>
McArthur Public Library, located in Biddeford, Maine, is currently accepting
applications for a part-time Reference Assistant (Adult Services).

Biddeford is located just 20 minutes south of Portland and is now the youngest
city in Maine. Portland Press Herald recently wrote "A renaissance here has
drawn a flood of fresh faces and businesses, making the municipality's
median age plunge."  Even more recent downtown development (during and
post-COVID) has created a surge of new faces in the library!

Come join our team during an exciting time in our community's history.
Our library
continues to be a busy and vibrant downtown hub, and we are a fun bunch!

Primary responsibilities of this role are:

Providing assistance to patrons, including reader’s advisory,
reference/information
requests (in-person and online), and technological assistance (including
with public computers, as well as fax/copy/scanning);

Staffing the Information Desk in the Adult Room with regular shifts under
the supervision of the Adult Services Librarian/Supervisor;

Assisting with several library programs a month.

The ideal candidate should be flexible and energetic with a positive attitude,
welcoming demeanor, and experience with technology, social media, and
devices. Please have a fantastic sense of humor. Previous library experience
is a big plus!

The position will be approximately 15-20+ hours a week, at least one evening
weekly and at least one Saturday monthly.  Additional flexible hours may be
available when needed to cover extra busy times during programs, after
holidays or staff absences.

The hourly wage range starts at $15.50/hour, depending on experience.

Applications will be accepted until the position is filled, and interviews
will begin immediately.

To apply, please submit a cover letter and resume to Jeff Cabral, Director
at [log in to unmask]

A full position description is posted here:

https://www.mcarthurlibrary.org/staff-vacancies.html

Thanks!

Jeff Cabral
Library Director