Sender:
Date:
Tue, 10 Aug 2021 13:59:48 -0400
7bit
From:
Pamela Dunning <[log in to unmask]>
I can say from experience that volunteers can be a blessing but are usually
a curse. I have delt with the person who decided to go play golf instead of
cover lunches for staff, the person who brings in their laptop and want to
show everyone videos of the grandkids, the person who thinks they are here
to talk to the patrons while they are looking for books... The list goes on
and on and on. I, also, feel that by using a volunteer to fill in as a
librarian is devaluing the training and knowledge that staff have worked
very hard to develop. I don't ever want to make them feel that I believe I
can replace them with anyone new walking in the door. That would be a real
morale buster.

Just my two cents, Pam

Pam Dunning, Director
Wiscasset Public Library