Sender:
From:
Albert Church Brown Memorial Library <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 28 Jan 2019 16:13:26 -0500
Douglas Rooks spoke Jan. 27 at the Albert Church Brown Memorial Library
about his 2018 book, *Rise, Decline and Renewal*, a history of the Maine
Democratic Party.  He gave an entertaining reading followed by a lively and
informative discussion.  He is well-informed, humorous when appropriate and
really good at answering a question & then expanding the answer.
His first book, published in 2016, is a biography of George Mitchell.
We're not far from his home, so he asked no fee, though he accepted the
honorarium we offered to help cover gas.

--
Please visit us at: http://chinalibrary.org