From:
"G. M. Finniss" <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Sat, 18 Dec 1993 10:59:37 -0500
Two points:

1.  Greg Sorenson was upset that the NC$$ doesn't count games in Alaska against
the number of games a team can play.  The precedent was set in football, where
games played in Hawaii don't count against a team (and neither do the Kickoff
or Pigskin Classic) in scheduling 11 games (e.g. Florida St. USC, UNC, and half
of the WAC played 12 games this year).

2.  To Walter Olson:
        We in the CCHA sort of like Lake St. (if for nothing else, to have
another team that has a shot of beating Michigan) so we would prefer not to
lose them to the WCHA.

By the way, to the U-M fans who were harping back to last year when UIC took a
game from you guys, I think last night's game (and tonight's) sort of dispelled
the "upset" myth.  Just try not to burn out the goal judges' lights tonight.
Actually, go ahead.  We'd prefer to have you guys all "scored out" when you get
to the Joe.

G. M. Finniss
LET"S GO STATE!