From:
Chris Paine <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Chris Paine <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 8 Dec 1993 13:32:21 EST
    I've noticed in the HOCKEY-L archives that the NCAA West Regional is to
take place at Munn Ice Arena on the beautiful campus of Michigan State U.
If this is accurate, why did the NCAA decide to do this.  As a Spartan alum,
I think it's great for MSU (I only wish I were still there!) but it sure isn't
very fair to everyone else.  It surely would not be fair for MSU to be put
there (hypothetically speaking here) as a #4 seed and get an advantage on the
West #1 seed.  Or, like the case in the basketball tournament, will MSU be
barred from playing in their own arena?  (That could get sticky too, especially
if the Spartans go on a tear and wind up the #1 team.)
     I'd appreciate an answer (if this has been covered before, I apologize--
I only recently discovered this).  Personal replies (to save time & space) are
also welcome.

--Chris Paine,
MSU '90, '93