From:
"Ralph N. Baer" <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Ralph N. Baer
Date:
Fri, 3 Dec 1993 05:55:17 -0500
>      A quick introduction:  my name is Connie Felde and I
> have been a passive participant of Hockey-L since April.  I
> reside in the Twin Cities area of Minnesota.  I have had
> Gopher season hockey tickets for the seven previous seasons.
> This year we decided to use the money to buy a house
> instead.   Previously, I had been at UMD fan for six seasons
> (by the way Brett Hull never played in a NCAA final four).

Brett Hull played in the 1985 NC$$ Final Four when he was a Freshman.
UMD lost to eventual champion RPI in the semis in triple overtime.  I
am almost certain that Brett scored one of UMD's goals in the last
minute of the second period.

On another topic, I apologize to all of the people who wrote me to tell
me that I misspelled The Hotchkiss School yesterday and to thank them
for telling me that it is in Connecticut.  I am still interested in
finding out if anyone knows anything about the goalie Brian Mosata of
The Hotchkiss School who was mentioned as signing with RPI.  Will he
make me forget Neil Little (not to mention Daren Puppa, Don Cutts, Bill
Sack, and Robert Fox)? :-)

I also received a note yesterday, asking if it is proper to list early
signings by schools that do not offer athletic scholarships (e.g.,
Harvard and Yale).  Perhaps the same words cannot be used when
discussing people who decide to go to the Ivies as those who go to
schools that offer scholarships, but I am sure that Harvard tries just
as hard to get new players to commit early as do other schools.

Ralph Baer   RPI '68, '70, '74