From:
Pamela Sweeney <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Pamela Sweeney <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 16 Nov 1993 22:53:46 CST
Some news from the 10 PM newscasts:

First -- Congrats to Gopher radio broadcaster Al Shaver on his induction into
the Hockey Hall of Fame in Toronto tonight.  He was inducted for his 26 years as
the voice of the Minnesota North Stars.

Two Bloomington Joes commit:

The Gophers have signed Joe Pankratz, a forward from Bloomington who's playing
with the St. Paul Vulcans of the USHL juniors this year.  (I'm very sure of this
news, Woog also mentioned it on his radio shows on WCCO and KSTP last night.)

Joe Bianchi, younger brother of Gopher forward Tony Bianchi, is signing with
Wisconsin.  Bianchi is a forward on the two-time defending state champion
Bloomington Jefferson Jaguars. There was also another Bianchi brother who was
captain at Providence a few years ago, but I don't recall his name.  (This item
was mentioned as a "we have heard" thing at the end of WCCO-TV's sportscast.)

And I'll inlcude this item from the article in the Minnesota Daily today:

Banner of the week

This sign hung from one of the railings at the DECC this weekend:
``Can you spell overated? G-O-O-P-H-E-R-S.''

Obviously the misspelling of Gophers was intentional. One would
assume that the misspelling of overrated was not.
[end quote]

Pam Sweeney                            Go Gophers!!!
[log in to unmask]         1993 WCHA Playoff Champions!!!
[log in to unmask]              Ski-U-Mah!!!