From:
"ACAD3A::FSJWA" <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
ACAD3A::FSJWA
Date:
Sat, 6 Mar 1993 23:53:17 -0900
The Nanooks defeated Mankato State again tonight by a score of 6-2, completing
their last home game of the season with a series sweep.  The Mavericks played
much better hockey tonight, improving their power play and shorthanded
performances significantly.  UAF was held to 2 goals until near the end of the
second period when things seemed to start clicking for them.  Seniors Wade
Klippenstein, Wayne Sawchuk, and Shawn Ulrich (my apologies for the misspelling
last night) all tallied goals and Ulrich lead the board with 4 points.  He
also spent the last 1:19 of the game in the penalty box, a strangely
appropriate send-off for the man who leads UAF in career penalty minutes. =)
All in all, I would say it was good way for them to say goodbye to their
home crowd in Fairbanks.  Thanks a lot, guys!

James