Date:
Tue, 29 Dec 1992 08:24:34 EST
Steve Christopher writes:
>.................  But man, are those announcers pro-CCHA, pro-Michigan/
>pro-Michigan State--eh, Bob?  At the least, they could keep the two U.P.
>teams' names straight!)

It's understandable that the announcers are pro-CCHA.  PASS is the CCHA
network, the announcers cover the CCHA all season (including the weekly
CCHA Digest show on PASS) and they're much more familiar with the CCHA
players.  However, pro-Michigan??!!  Not on your life.  Chris McClure is
100% Michigan State Spartan through and through, and his broadcasts show
it.  The man is loathed in Ann Arbor and booed (myself included) in most
CCHA arenas that I've been in during a PASS broadcast.  He even hosts
The Ron Mason Show, a weekly rundown of Michigan State hockey with the
Spartan coach.  It seems like a conflict of interest, but he gets away
with it.  Really, would CBS allow John Madden to host "The Raiders Weekly"
and still expect him to broadcast games impartially?  I doubt it.  Pro-
CCHA?  Guilty as charged.  Pro-Michigan?  Not hardly.

As for the GLI, the scores have been posted and most of you (hopefully)
were able to see the games on TV.  My question is this: How can Michigan
State forward Bryan Smolinski be named to the all-tournament team when it
was his 5-minute major penalty that cost Michigan State the game against
Northern on Saturday?  Go figure.

John H
U Mich

P.S. Steve C - sorry if I sound harsh, it's certainly not intented toward
you.  My friends and I have bitched about McClure all too often to let
this one slide by, that's all.  In fact, I thank you for providing me the
opportunity to complain about him to the list.  Happy New Year!