Date:
Mon, 14 Sep 1992 12:45:33 -0400
>The return of the traditional "sleepout" went fairly smoothly this past Friday
>night.  About 500 fans spent a lovely night on the inviting concrete of Lynah
>Rink to purchase their season tickets.  Being one of the few students who had
>been a part of this event before its recent hiatus, I feel that this is still
>the best way to let the diehard/crazy hockey fans get their tickets.  A nice
>new touch to the event was the addition of pizza and soda served by the members
> of the team, and sprung for by the athletic department.  After serving what
>must have been a few hundred pizzas, the team was introduced, and given 18
>Frosh, there were a buch of new names.  Also observing the undergrads, the in-
>genuity never ceases to amaze me.  One group had a TV and VCR with movies,
>while another had a video game with a TV monitor, and one group had sectional
>furniture, for that homey look in the goal crease.  For myself, other than a
>slightly stiff back, I survived quite well, although I did not quite get my
>recommended 8 hours of sleep (like I missed by about 4 or 5).  But I did get
>good seats for this year, and that was the real purpose of the excersie anyways
>I would suggest, however, if one spends the night sleeping on the blueline,
>the more padding the better, as one pad is not quite enough.  Well now it is
>just a wait until 7 November when Waterloo comes to Lynah for an exhibition
>game to kick off the '92-'93 season.

I'd like to add to William's comments by thanking the Lynah Faithful for
being so cooperative this last weekend.  A few friends and I were running
the sale this year, and we were very pleased with how well the new version
of the sleepout went.  Granted, *we* didn't actually *sleep*, but it was
still a lot of fun.  The sale went much faster than anticipated, and
everyone was out of Lynah by 10:15 on Saturday morning.  I'm looking
forward to another great year of Big Red Hockey!

P.S.  Note that I didn't mention anything about well-behaved Faithful... I
just don't think my comments in that vein are appropriate for this public
venue...

Jeffrey Anbinder '91/'94