From:
Bri Farenell <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Bri Farenell <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 14 Sep 1992 08:52:46 -0400
I'd have to agree with Carol that the regional would probably have
done better in Minneapolis (or Madison for that matter). Detroit just
isn't a HUGE hockey town. It likes the Red Wings but as far as college
hockey, I doubt there is much sympathy. In Minneapolis or Madison, where
there is a core of solid hockey fans, you would get a lot more attendance
even without the Gophers or Badgers. I know I and many other in the North
Coutnry would go to a regional if it were held in Potsdam or Canton
even if Clarkson/SLU weren't playing. MInneapolis and Madison have proven
that they support college hockey and deserve it more than Detroit.
You see, Michigan and MSU just aren't big hockey schools. Football and
basketball rule there.
BRI FARENELL			  |           CONGRATS TO:
CLARKSON '95			  |      1992 CALDER CUP CHAMPIONS
[log in to unmask]  |      the ADIRONDACK RED WINGS
rec.sport.hockey's AHL contact	  |   Also: 1981, 1986 and 1989 Champs
"Eleven Israelis were dead. Machine guns were everywhere. Who knew what
would happen next. Going on made sense only if you believed in the idea
of sport as more than a game."	---Dave Kindred, on the 1972 Olympics