From:
Hockeynut <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 2 Jun 1992 10:52:47 EST
I took my certification exam there a year and half ago, and the easiest
way I found to get around was to purchase a pass for the T.  They come
in 1, 3, and I think 16 day passes.  A pass entitles you to travel on
any T line at any time.  It's a very quick and easy way to get from one
end of the city to the other.  If you are a walker, the city, big as it
may be, is actually quite easy to traverse on foot.  In one day I went
from Copley Square to the Common, to Government Center, the North End,
and Quincy Market.  Great way to see the sights, especially if the
weather is nice.

I had lunch at Quincy when I was there, in a little Irish bar just
off site of the market called the Purple Shamrock.  Good food, and
the prices weren't at all high (course this was in Winter).

Speaking of Boston, I may be in Beantown for a few days in July. I
have a job for the summer providing medical care to the Star of
Indiana Drum and Bugle Corps, and it is possible that we may spend
from June 29-July 4 there.  If not, we are performing in Pittsfield
on the 4th and Beverly on the 5th.  If any of you folks decide to
come out to the shows, I'm the blonde probably with the sunburn that
looks like she never even played an instrument.

Hope this helps, and I might add it's nice to hear about Heather
and Mike.

Lynn