From:
Joe LaCour <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 9 Jul 2011 10:45:30 -0400
It is not as bad as a lot of people think.  Sure, 50+ years of tradition may
have been tossed, but the East survived the breakup of the ECAC in 1985
without too much rancor.

The BTHC and the "Super League" will be the Western power conferences, while
the WCHA and the CCHA will be the mid majors joining the ECAC in that
department.  Now a school like Lake State, BGSU, MTU or UAA has a shot at a
conference title and an NCAA bid, where they had a slim to none shot before.

In the long run that will help recruiting, and withba few NCAA bids, maybe
alumni, community, and student/faculty support.

Joe LaCour
CCT '77 & '78